View Single Post
Career Officer
# 88
01-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Most Boff abilities don't have a downside other than opportunity cost.
Extend Shields has a very high benefit w/or w/o doffs.

VM (sans human boff fix recently) has a very high benefit w/doffs.

Again, APO has been this way for a long time. The only recent change has been the ways to reduce it's cooldown, so 1 copy can be at maxed uptime. This means people can chain APO3 w/tech doffs or AP doffs.
And that means what? Exactly? In reference to the post that you're trying to respond to? I guess Abandon Ship has a downside, but aside from that? Somehow please apply that in some manner that makes sense. It seems like your trying to disagree with the previous poster. I'm not sure why you would be, but it seems like that way. When someone uses the term "opportunity cost" really you have to wonder what it is they wish to point out that might not be blatantly obvious to everyone but themselves.

Here. Let me help out. If you use a CC you might give up a Heal. That's Opp cost. If you use a power that shares a CD with other powers, putting them on that CD, that's an Opp cost as well. For instance if you just used TT you're now open to VM as ET is on CD. Basically if carrying or activating a power precludes the use of different and valuable abilites for some measurable time that's an Opp cost.

Omega does everything you can reasonably ask a tactical power to do, PLUS it boosts defense. There's ZERO opp cost. There is nothing you could be using that would even do HALF of what it does.

The entire GAME is based around Opp costs. Except Omega. It doesn't have one. It doesn't MATTER how long its been like that. It doesn't MATTER if other abilities in the game have a great benefit. It doesn't MATTER if doffs exists. It doesn't change anything about the fact that fundamentally Omega has zero Opp cost.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.

Last edited by thissler; 01-30-2013 at 09:06 AM.