View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 194
09-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Cid
I tend to agree, but I am not going to say it will ruin my experience.

You can please part of the people all the time, all the people part of the time, but never all the people all the time. Just look for the positives and recommend improvements if you see a flaw... that is generally the way I look at it.
And i agree with you on this subject El_Cid. You can never please everyone on any given choice, but there are times when the compromises are too broad and these choices, given a little perspective, will lead to unforeseen dead ends.

I would be disappointed to see this problem unaddressed. Imagine the impasse you find yourself in if, as a developer, you let this issue pass. You end up having to correct the situation by gaping the hole instead of properly filling it with content.

What would you think if everyone of your characters started the game in the same fashion: "You start as an Ensign aboard a ship, patrolling the human/klingon border. Your ship is ambushed by Klingons. During the fight that ensues, your vessel is severely damaged and most of the senior crew, including the captain, dies. Through some act of scripted heroism, you manage to save the ship and the remaining crew. You are granted a field promotion to Lieutenant and given the command of the ship you just saved."

Every time.