View Single Post
Captain
# 101
01-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
these are good ships, and will be useful. i only hope a fleet version isnt far behind though, i want to use these, but the lack of console, and the bit antiquated shield mod and hull hitpoints simply puts them at a disadvantage to every fleet and lock box ship option

the ody is a good healer, but to hav a LTC sci, you also are stuck with an LT sci too, and minimal eng powers. these ships lets you have most eng, and still a powerful sci. this is a beter spread of powers for a healer.

the ambassador stats make the galaxy R look real bad, as if it needed help doing that. more then ever it needs a fair shake. at LEAST a universal ENS station on the fleet version, at LEAST!!. 5 eng consoles, no thanks, 3 tac please. the galaxy in canon is about twice the size (volume) and twice as powerful as an ambassador, they should at least break even in game.
Indeed, poor Galaxy is stuck being a super-duper tank/healer that isn't actually more super-duper at tanking or healing than other ships thanks to its extremely inefficient BOff layout and piss-poor console arrangement. If there was a bit more, shall we say, variety in Ens Engineering powers it'd be less of a problem, but no matter what, it'll always be stuck being hamstrung care of its consoles relative to every other cruiser out there.

Compare and contrast it to the Tholian Recluse Carrier as a healer, I dare you.