View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 495
01-30-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblades2 View Post
I've recently got into the game and rolled a Fed engineer as my first char. I'm also leveling a Klingon Tac(I've understood engis aren't too great PVP-wise and love Klingon ships) but since all my friends exclusively play Fed, I'd like to be able to do well on my Fed Engi as well.

So, anyone can suggest a good build&ship for Engineer PvP?

I'm a bit of a fan of the Galor (looks wise).Is it a good PVP ship for an engi?

Thanks in advance for any help.
the eng is only really going to be effective as a heal boat, they arent any good at dealing damage. ships like the galor with the LTC tac are a bad place to start for a healer. ships with a LTC tac are ships for tac captains imo. make sure to grab the free tier 5 ambasidor, that would make a great healer ship.

the 1 thing this thread lacks is good healer boat builds, i really need to make some for such a basic concept. i would recommend a baseline like this for an end game healer though

mav's star cruiser/mirror assault cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Okay, I need a little advice. I recently managed to get a good deal on a Ferengi D'kora, and I need a setup that will be viable in the PvP arenas. I'm looking to unpack it on my FedEng toon, if possible, or my FedTac toon, if I must. So, with an Engi, should I go with the standard heal/beamboat, or is it worth trying out A2B with dual heavy cannons?
i guess pretty much the same goes for you too. i have fought some incredibly hard to kill eng dkora's though, and AtB currently effects the EMP console, slashing its cool down when it shouldn't. for a good place to start on a dkora build, look at some of my kdf cruiser builds. they are a similer platform to the dkora
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 01-30-2013 at 03:12 PM.