View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 197
09-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir888 View Post
I really like this decision but I fear some users will misuse this possibility. How? Two friends one reduces his shields as far as possible and then just stands still and waits until the other one killed him. After some time they reverse their roles. Fast and easy way to gain XP. Sure their is no fun in it but there will be enough who will do this just to get to Admiral fast.

I hope the death penalty is high enough to prevent such things.
That's a good point about the misuse of it imo. Reminds me of the bounty system in Eve in a way. Sure, you can put a huge bounty on someone in Eve, but it's pointless. All you have to do is get into a clone without implants (and you might not even want to do that) and let a buddy 'pop' your pod. You split the money, unless, true to Eve fashion, your 'buddy' keeps it all. Not the best analogy, I know, but a similar system that is abused to pointlessness.

I don't see *too* much of a problem with it being abused, though. Sure, it could upset the balance between pure pvp players if/when people do this. I think it would be a sad way to progress, but that's just my point of view. Also, as someone who will pvp occasionally, if I get beat, meh. My delicate e-peen can take it.

I also hope the death penalty will be enough to discourage something like you've suggested.