View Single Post
Career Officer
# 14
01-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
I gave up on fleets.

As someone who can only afford being a single player, I decided that joining fleets was too expensive. You can still enjoy this game as a single player. Cryptic's reputation system gives you a sense of purpose and accomplishment.

Since I do not have the time to grind endless resources, I thought it was wise to play this game solo. I joined a great chat channel, which allows me to participate with a level appropriate stf team. I have been having an extraordinary fun time. No fleet politics, requirements, etc... My friends list is growing like mad. I am also learning a lot.

Not everyone is meant to join fleets.

I do not think I will ever go back to fleets.

I am having too much fun.

If you find yourself getting too stressed over fleet politics and resource grinding, I suggest that you: (1) reduce your fleet participation level, (2) play with others outside of the fleet, (3) lower your weekly fleet contribution goals, and (4) schedule some time offline.

I cannot stress the importance of solo playing, for it allows you to escape the everyday nuances of fleet expectations. Its okay to focus on your personal goals.

On a project related note, I do like the design of these game elements. Cryptic did a good job on the chairs, lamps, and rugs. "Added Elegance" has some new design elements, which do add something to the social aspects of the bases. Its a step back to quality. Nice job guys.
Not every fleet requires its' members to contribute weekly, they just expect fair exchange, give what you take.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.