View Single Post
Captain
# 20
01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Did you know that one of the top tier five fleets is run like a sweat shop? If you do not contribute at a steady rate, they will boot you from the fleet. Or, they will demote you. I have been apart of three fleets that have acted in such a manner. If my past three experiences mean anything, I am willing to bet that the majority are obsessed with fleet base construction.

I will never go back to fleets.
In my fleet you can only get booted if you do something like selling provisions for personal gain or otherwise cheating someone, or are offline for 3 months. In the changeover we are about to implement the requirement for buying provisions will be 100,000 credits worth of contributions during your time in the fleet. We don't progress all that fast (working on T4 shipyard now, halfway to T4 science and engineering, and have T2 on all the embassy stuff) but we have a relaxed, fun atmosphere.

It doesn't have to be the way you describe, it's just that some fleets really do take it too seriously, and turn game time into a second job. I don't have time for that, I'm a college student, but in my fleet I'm helpful and knowledgeable enough that I've been promoted to very high rank.