View Single Post
Captain
# 7
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I'm hoping for the 3-4 year later timeline. The emperor and vader are dead, enter Adm. Thrawn from the outer rim who will bring the empire back together, more powerful than ever.

...That's the official licensed ending to the series, and the only version I want to see on screen.
Ending? That's not the ending, not by a long way. Personally, I'd love to see films based around the Yuuzhan Vong War, but that'll most likely never happen (mainly because you'd need a hell of a lot more than 3 films to fit it all in).

That said, the Thrawn trilogy would work pretty well. The ending of RoTJ leaves too many unanswered questions for people that have only seen the films (such as what happened to the entire Empire after the Emperor's death), this could pick it up pretty well. And then of course, films 10-12 can be the Thrawn duology, covering the apparent revival of Thrawn, and ending in the peace treaty between the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant.

I'm going to wander off now, and wait to be disappointed by all this never happening