View Single Post
Captain
# 6
01-31-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
[I agree! This is an interesting take to explain why the Uniform Code is not really uniform
As soon as I saw these uniforms, I decided I would refer to them, rather than the STO options

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Captain Palmer is VERY forgiving.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Indeed she is forgiving! I'm not even sure Alyosha--my most tolerant captain--would allow that sort of comment from a junior officer. All of my toons expect the uniforms on their ships to be consistent. (Ignoring the ship-interior graphics, of course.)
Palmer's tolerance comes from the remembrance that she would have been expelled from the Academy in her Senior year due to disciplinary issues arising after her Midshipman cruise, and it was only the then Captain Kane mentoring her and making her an acting Ensign, which saved her Starfleet career. Equally, it comes from the fact that Mitchell was speaking the truth with regards cultural tolerance in uniform variations. Had he simply been lying and feeding her a line of BS, she would have put him out the airlock herself Of course, how the application is received, will determine how long the Ensign remains at the helm