View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 78
01-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arawnaun View Post
Lag or not I would be content at this point just to see something improved passed the 'patching' error i'm still getting.

"Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long."

Same error i've been getting for the past few days. I'm disappointed to see threads on this summarily closed as though this has been resolved for everyone.
As much as I know you don't want to hear this, but the reality is threads mean nothing to them. The forum is a community effort... to any extent unless the ******** on the forum is substantial enough (as it was with the network issue the past couple days), then the majority of the content here is really just ourselves ******** to one another... not to any particular purpose or eventual resolution.

So ... the closing of a thread really has no real tie to whether or not its believed resolved for everyone or not. It really is just simply closing it because either the issue has gone too far and its become a flame war... or its not producing any more helpful information and is even possibly making it worse... but rarely does it truly have to do with the resolution of the problem itself.