View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 1 Controlling incoming damage
01-31-2013, 02:16 PM
Their are multiple abilities to enhance your damage resistance and they reach a point of diminishing returns as they stack. I would like to understand it better to learn how to better use my shields and when they go down to bye for time to activate some other ability.

On my cruiser I have 6 ranks in Hull plating and armor reinforcement that give about 10.7% to energy and kinetic damages (math works out to 10% true resistance). Add in 6 ranks of threat control (gain 7.3% or total 15.2% true resistance). Toss in a few consoles I get another 35% on top of my skills (18% from above) gives a true resistance to all damage of about 33%.

looking for confirmation on shield resistances. Shields have a built in resistance of shieldpower/5, that does not have diminishing returns. Outside of shield resistances versus energy type are the only skills to improve shield resistance Emer power to shields and transfer shield strength? Does Threat Control help with shield resistance?

Also without going crazy on just engineering consoles what other methods/items can help with hull resistance? Would love to get up towards 110% giving about 50% true resistance most of the time during combat.