View Single Post
Captain
# 10
01-31-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Is this story written somewhere to read?
Yes and no... About fifteen years ago, I wrote a manuscript where Palmer is first summoned on board the Endeavour as a cadet for an interview with Kane when he is asked to evaluate her for a final chance. He realizes that after the practical experience of the Midshipman cruise, she was unable to settle back into academic routine, so makes her an acting ensign. I then never did anything else with it. A few months ago, I started to write a Doctor Who manuscript, and decided to use my past crew as the additional cast. I essentially picked up the plotline from where I had left off, with Palmer having been on board for a few months as Kane's executive assistant. When I then found out that STO had jumped the timeline forwards 30 years, I decided to retire the Endeavour crew, but as a continuity, I decided to make the youngest/lowest ranking officer (Palmer) the new Captain

Quote:
This is where i thought you (she) was coming from. There IS value in being upfront and honest with superiors. He also asked for "permission to speak freely" so Palmer kinda asked for it. Still, even with his honesty she could have overrode any personal value Mitchell expressed for the sake of unity and command.
This is true, and I've always thought the same thing with Worf being allowed to wear his baldrics (which very few other Klingons actually wear...) I have to admit, I had hoped that Mitchell would come across as sincere and impassioned, rather than being whiny and overly entitled

Quote:
So he better be awesome and back up those words with action or hsi crew quarters may end up on the other side of the hull.
He's a descendant of the legendary Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell, so he would indeed be suitably awesome In truth however, he was written purely for use in the admission to Star Trek: Borderlands, so depending on the success of that application, he won't be remaining aboard the Valkyrie for long...

Quote:
For my crew, Sierra 2 ... and that rhymes!
Not sure what Sierra 2 stands for, but rhyming is good