View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 25
02-01-2013, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfomega View Post
you asking for boff profiles.. which isn't a bad idea either, but an easier approach is if the game simply remembered the last power tray location that a boff power was assigned to, no matter if we retrained a boff with new powers or not.

What you stated is that with a flick of a button or drop down, I can have different combinations of boffs for different styles of play.

For example.. supposed my eng and sci boffs basically stay the same, but I often switch out my tactical boffs depending on the tactical style I need.

One of my commander tactical boffs is loaded up on APO3/APO1. Perhaps I would name this boff profile as "Tactical Attack Defense"

Another of my commander tactical boffs is loaded up on APB3/APB1. Perhaps I would name this boff profile as "Tactical Attack Offense"

This, of course, would only be able to be changed outside of red alert, like current game standards dictate.

But in lieu of that elaborate new feature that you suggested, which is a good one... how about we just ask for the boff power assignments on the power tray to be fixed so that a specific boff lieutenant power is always assigned to power tray (x, y) regardless and because it was assigned there the last time the boff was used.

That would meet 85% of your total needs in lieu of the boff profiles idea that you suggested
i would settle for that, yes.
id be happy even if something as minor as 'lock' actually mean 'lock' and i didnt find things in there simply because i loaded a boff or a weapon or whatnot.