View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 1 Okay...So I LIKE Plasma...
02-01-2013, 03:40 AM
Yep. Seeking advice. There are some very smart people in this community...and although I have played since beta and am a lifetime subscriber, I know for a fact that I do not know everything that there is to know about this game...on top of that...I am coming back to the game after an extended absence, so I thought I would ask for advice.

I am in a Fleet Vorcha -- I am a LTG Engineer. I am working towards optimizing my fleet Vorcha as a plasma rig...below are my current stats, as well as what I am attempting to achieve...what I am asking is if I am missing anything obvious...oh - -and I mostly PvE -- I used to PvP a lot...but sort of stopped once the reputation system kicked in...now I mostly grind for reputation with Romulan and Omega.

Yes...I know that Plasma may not be the most efficient weapon set out there...yes, I know that Quantums do more damage than Plasma torps (or so I have heard), especially on burst...but anyone who has seen The Old Series "Balance of Terror" and saw that expanding ball of plasma as it engulfs the Enterprise and ruins Kirk's day...well...yep. It is a preference.

Here is my current setup -- it is focused more towards damage...but has a fair degree of survivability as well (I think):

Weapons loadout
Fore: Plasma Beam Array Mk XII x3, Plasma Torp Launcher Mk XII
Rear: Kinetic Cutting Beam, Plasma Beam Array Mk XII x 2, Plasma Torp Launcher Mk XII

Engines: Borg Assimilated.
Shield: KHG Mk XII
Deflector: KHG Mk XII

Consoles: Borg Universal (with Cutting Beam gives me the Borg Weapons bonus), Zero Point Energy Conduit (Plasma Set), Isometric, Plasmatic Leech, RSC Accelerator Mk XI, Field Generator Mk XI x2, Plasma Infuser Mk XI x 3

BOFF Skills: Eject Warp Plasma III, Engineer Team 1 and 3, Transfer Shield Strength 1, Emergency Power to Structure 1, Emergency power to Shields 1, Torp High Yield 1 and 2, Torp Spread 2, Fire at Will 1, Beam Overload 3, Hazard Emitters 1.

Bonuses: KHG Set (2 pieces, Tactical Readiness), Borg Assimilated Weapons Set (2 pieces, Omega Weapons Amplifier).

Okay...what I am working towards:

Same as above...but switch out the forward weapons with a Romulan Hyper Plasma Torp and a Romulan Experimental Beam Array (that will give me the Romulan plasma set bonus, Plasma Conductive, and Plasma Hyperflux). Switch out the rear plasma torp with the Omega Plasma Torp (that will complete the Omega set, giving me Reactive Deflection). Replace the Borg Engine with a KHG Mk XII engine, completing the KHG set, and gaining those bonuses.

Now...questions...I favor the KHG set...but that is mostly because when I started collecting the pieces, it was the only one (besides MACO or Omega..can't remember which one was open to both feds and us) that we could get...since then, the fed set has opened up for us as well...is that superior to the KHG set?

Finally...what am I missing? Is there something obvious I should correct?

Thanks for your time. If any advice is forthcoming, I will enjoy reading it.

Last edited by ztempest; 02-01-2013 at 03:46 AM.