View Single Post
Career Officer
# 28
02-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
No, I bash teh Bort, because I don't LIKE the Bort, (as in, I can run it, I just don't ENJOY running it). Notably, you're VERY defensive about your lifestyle choices, presuming that anyone who doesn't LIKE to run in a mud-slow, sluggish, bulky office-building/space-station-with-an-engine must be incapable of doing so, ignorant, incompetent, etc.

The difference between the two, is the difference between a Monster Truck and a Motorcycle-both are single-passenger rides, but one's a hell of a lot easier to get up a mountain trail than the other. (i.e. doing that which requires putting the target in front of the guns.)

Now, there ARE trade-offs made; I have mission flexibility, speed, and turn rate, you have as much resistance as a small task force, and depending on model, the potential to run 40% higher output on your guns on a per-gun basis and two more turrets than I can carry.

But you pay for it in turn radius, inertia (accelleration and stopping distance), and flexibility in your non-hardware mission powers (Bridge Officer abilities). which is fine, if that's what you like.

MY not-liking-it has zero to do with not understanding the advantages or build-I just don't like it, and find that my "Motorcycle" does the same basic jobs your "Monster Truck" does-but in a more compact, stripped down, and comfortable (for me) package. (oh, and CHEAPER-I didn't have to pay fifty bucks for mine, nor grind EC until my fingers bled...)

Capische, Surat? Put in the terms of another game, not everyone needs to waddle around in an Atlas to be competitive-some of us can do it in a Jenner.
But when we were wee ones and we saw our first image of an Atlas we were all....Oooooo! Bonus points if that first image was in black and white pencil in a soft cover rulebook.

Everyone Loves BoPs. And if they don't Love BoPs I bet they hate kittens and puppies as well.

No one here is saying OMFG you can't do that! At least I'm not. I think I pretty clearly showed a nice fluffy BoP enjoying an STF. I am baffled as to why you might think I condone an elitist style of play, or only paying hard cash or dil grinds for game items. Everyone KNOWS that option is there. I like to show people that may feel shut out of end game play because they DON"T have that option that they CAN compete easily and cheaply.

So I pointed out some alternative ships that are easy to purchase, kit out, and enjoy and are arguably better suited to those just starting out as well as being better suited to your average STF. BoP in an STF takes a certain amount of flair to make work, so how does it hurt to point the way to some cheap rugged options?

And just as a point of reference I have a BoP I've been known to fly. The build just SUCKS so hard for PVE. It's downright useless. And changing the Boff's with that bug they had was just annoying as all hell. And the gear. I could have a Raptor in ALL common gear that takes me all of a few seconds at the shipyard to change into, I do allllll of my pve pew pew pew and I'm done. Hell I'll kit out a ship for a couple hundred thousand EC including doffs and It'll be just fine. I don't consider that onerous or grinding anything to the bone.

Cheers happy flying!!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.