View Single Post
Career Officer
# 1 More uses for Accolades.
02-01-2013, 09:35 AM
So last night I did the new mission Temporal Ambassador and I really enjoyed it. Though while I was playing it I realized something. When I was in the, ill call them tunnels to avoid spoilers, I got a bunch of really funny Accolades and realized that other than a quick laugh, there useless. You cant view another players individual Accolades and no one really cares about the total number of Accolade points thats displayed when you look at their character bio. Since there are a lot of interesting and funny accolades in the game I thought that it would be nice if we could do more with them because it seems a waste that people only care about them for such a short amount of time.

First (but not most important) I think that the 'Damage' and kills Accolades should be separated from the 'Event' accolades. The Accolades that requires you to deal or take X amount of dmg or kill X amount of enemies should be not go with Accolades that require you to do something special since everyone will eventually unlock those but only people who think outside the box or go explore will unlock some of the more interesting Accolades.

Next I think it would be a good idea to be able to make a list of your favorite accolades that could be displayed here on the website or in-game.

Also I think people would have a lot of fun if they could actually show off there Accolades. I know that some Accolades give you trophies you can display in your ship which are nice but right now not many people care too much about ship interiors. What I was thinking was to create an emote you can use where you can stand in the middle of ESD and hold up one of your Accolades to show everyone. If you go to your Accolade list you could right click or double click on an Accolade and then your character will hold up the Accolade medal above his head and above the medal in holographic text display the Accolade name.

Oh and an idea I just came up with as I was writing this could be to make an event to show off your best Accolades. Lets say that once a day or so everyone goes to ESD or to some neutral (but nice space station, not that dump Drozana) station and participants have to choose their best Accolades to display in under a minute or two. When the event starts it gives everyone about 5 min to get to the location and then out of everyone who has showed up a small number or players are selected as contestants and everyone else are the audience/judges. The participants will have lets say 5 rounds to display what they think are their best Accolades and each round they will have just about a minute or two to display one. The judges then vote on which they think is the best and after 5 rounds a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner is chosen and each gets a special prize. If their are more contestants then they also get a special consolation prize. And to encourage people to actually stay and vote if their not picked the audience could also get something small, like maybe an unlocked lock-box that has a (slightly) smaller chance to get the grand prize ship but a larger chance to get more Lobi.

These are just a few ideas that like I said I just thought of and thought that more people would have fun with them. Let me know what you guys think or even put up some ideas of your own. I would just like to do something with the large amount of funny Accolades that I just have lying around.