View Single Post
Captain
# 21
02-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
That's true for Tricos, but even a field spammed full of Transphasics can actually catch you off guard.

I don't think transphasic mines are OP, but I do think they fall into the pretty lame category when they get kills this way.
All the mines got buffs that the founding devs did not plan for when they made the call to have the first hit calculate crit chance. Would you have been worried about a field of S1.2 transphasic mines ? No of course you wouldn't have.

They got a major shield bypass buff... as well as a base dmg boost when there numbers our where reduced.

Don't get me wrong I like the mine changes... they where mostly good... the tric mines where silly but the idea was sound.

IMO the best way to fix the issue.... is to REMOVE critical hit from ALL mines... and from all dots. (GW / Tykens / Plasma dots ect) At that point they could balance them based on numbers, up or down... if mines and gravity well and plasma dots ALL did 15-20% more base dmg but NEVER could crit would we consider that a bad change ? It would be a buff to NON tac captians that run sci ships.... overall it wouldn't really effect DPS numbers much... but it would make dot builds reliable... and it would Remove the insta crit BS we have now.... and still hit any Server issues the Founding devs coded the one calc for in the first place.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.