View Single Post
Captain
# 17
02-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
It's been a while since I watched First Contact, but that was not exactly the impression I got. From the Statue commentary, it sounded like the area was built up. I agree the silo would have been preserved, and presented as a museum. I doubt most of the structures in the area would have lasted 400 years, and I don't think the bar, etc. was preserved. There was no name to the bar as far as I could tell. I agree the landing spot would have been marked. Dunno about a dummy ship, seems a little cheesy for the feds. Maybe a decommissioned old ship, donated by the Vulcans?

I don't think we'd do it, but I kind of like the idea of details being lost/changed over the corresponding 400 years (obviously, the enterprise crew could correct a lot) but I always wonder when I go to a "historic site" how much is wrong/tweaked etc. (i.e. the preservation of the image of Cochrane as a classic humanitarian, not a money grubbing drunk.)
I agree. I think a unique way to compromise would be to have the area built up with museums and everything all around, but to have the Silo preserved, the Vulcan landing spot marked, and have a modern shiny bar that just so happens to be standing where the old bar was, and just so happens to have similar architecture.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.