02-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
<- Snip ->
First off, thank you for contributing to the discussion in a constructive way

Ok, so with that said, here is my non-inflammatory list of possible solutions:

Quote:
1.) Improve the UI to allow for sorting of grinder missions and story missions. From what I've read, this seems to be the most popular solution among the non-flamers on both sides of the debate. I understand there may be a lot of behind-the-scenes work by the dev's that may make this impractical, at least for the near future.
This indeed seems that it would be the single best solution of all the solutions that have been discussed. It would require a great deal of work, however.

Quote:
2.) Remove all rewards from Foundry missions, at least until a better means of sifting through the missions is found. I consider this to be a fairly draconian solution to the problem, but may lead to less hatred after the initial storm blows over.
There is serious wisdom in this as a short term solution.

Quote:
3.) Return things to the way they were prior to the previous change and try to make some sort of peace between the sides. This is probably just a pie-in-the-sky dream of a solution.
Not looking for a return to the way things were, because thus far, we have seen nothing that actually works come from the team at Cryptic. A new solution needs to be found, and a "peace" between all the people who are obviously very passionate about this would be the best way to make that happen.

Look, I am the first to admit that both sides of this argument went over the top.
Fine.
That's done.
Let's be over that.

As many people as have gotten themselves involved in this fiasco, with as much passion as we all have about it, putting our thinking together on a solution that works for everyone ... imagine what that could accomplish.

Yes, compromises would have to be made on all sides of the issue.
But lets answer some really basic questions here.

What do you want to get out of the Foundry ?
How can the Foundry community help support what it is the player base is looking for?
How can the community help support Foundry authors?

etc etc

A concise and honest discussion could work wonders.
Since I now Brandon is reading this thread.

Flakes, how about an In Game Open House roundtable about these things ?

Quote:
4.) Nuke the Foundry. Obviously not a solution anyone wants, but if the whole thing is too far gone to salvage, it may be best to just cut our losses, deal with the aftermath and move on.
I don't think we have reached that point yet.

Quote:
I realize that both sides are pretty heavily invested in their particular situations so there will be no easy solutions. Honestly, I really do think an improved sorting function in the UI is the way to go. If it can't be implemented immediately, then it should be put on the list for Season 8 (or whatever it's going to be called) or Season 9 at the latest.

This is Walter Cronkite, signing off...
All I am saying , is ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkZC7sqImaM