View Single Post
Career Officer
# 28
02-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defbond7 View Post
That's not fair, a lot of people have only been having problems these past few days and it's related to the server load. He was able to play fine 4 days ago and so was I. The real reason we are getting all this massive lag lately is because the servers are not capable of handling this kind of load and here is the proof: http://imgur.com/PDSlurE
So what kind of proof is this? Even with the STO Servers at Max capacity, and the login waiting queue is in effect, once I get in, I have no issues at all playing the game from my Silicon Valley location. The fact that only some players are being effected by Lag implies that this is a Network Connection issue, and not a Server Load issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurialo View Post
may be... however It's more than one year I am playing sto using this connection, but only in the last 4 days I am having so much lag, just after the last patch.... Moreover it's not only me but also all of my friends.

I think this lag is related to some changes PW has done.
And is it just coincidence that Cogent Communications changed their route tables 4 days ago to load balance the network load with another Internet backbone carrier... A change to the Internet Backbone routes can have many unforeseen consequences...

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 02-03-2013 at 01:42 PM.