View Single Post
Commander
# 7
02-03-2013, 02:44 PM
I find Civilian and Generic are best for Terran or Vulcans in the 22nd Centuary. Keep with Romulan Props for Romulans obviously.

I find if its a building or station, add a few plant pots dotted around to give the place a sense of life, maybe a Federation Captain set on Patrol with Custom Uniforms.

If it's a ship, have a sense of compartments to it, dont have crates in the corridor, we wouldn't do it on a warship and you don't see it in the series, it isn't professional... Unless its a civilian ship in which case make it look scruffy and unorganised.

And if you use a Bridge Map, feel free to customise it abit, such as adding small consoles to the two seats either side of the Captians Chair on the Galaxy Bridge.
Or create NPC's that look like statues or Holograms to add a bit of Variaty to your map.

If its a research lab think of 'what kind of research', if its bio, then add Fish Tanks with NPC's floating or plant samples. If it's techno or Holo kind of lab, a clever use of NPC's or a Singular major prop under study would be best as most labs have one particular thing under Research, you wouldn't walk into a Lab and find organs on one side and motherboards on the other unless it was an old time horror film!
The Cargo Room, think of the Cargo Rooms in TNG, stacked all the way to the top in columns and rows, that I find is the best look. For the Transporter Room, keep it simple, a clear control podium infront of the pad/s, I like to use one/two consoles with a Flat Wall console behind for mine.

To sum it up my freind, I'de advise;
1) A few props to add life.
2) Every Compartment/Room has a purpose even if its vague.
3) Take Screenshots of places like ESD, New Romulas, Bajor, DS9,K7, etc to use as revision... I even travelled system to system doing nearly all the Patrol missions just for the sake of Screenshots of systems and planet surfaces... makes great screensaver too!

Best of Luck.
Mail me in-game @rickysmith1 when you Publish.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 02-03-2013 at 02:57 PM.