View Single Post
Captain
# 65
02-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
The Galaxy Dreadnaught has the spinal lance, canons and shield module misaligned, the Galaxy celestial skin has windows on the lower saucer misaligned, these are long standing errors on ships that are not free, customers had to pay for them so they should be held to a higher standard than free designs.
I've done more than a bit of ship designs myself for various game mods, I know about geometry budgets and UV mapping, the Celestial windows is a UV mapping error, the Galaxy Dreadnaughts spinal canon is a non zero x axis dislocation for the addon object group, which is what the lance and canons are, overlaid on a standard Galaxy model and is a very easy fix.
It's all well and good to talk about the high degree of tolerance to which designs are held but such talk falls short in the face of visually obvious flaws that go unnoticed and despite dozens of posts describing the problem and hundreds of patches still remains unrepaired.
I know the "starcraft" type of gamer won't care about pretty ship moodels but I am with to OP on the Galaxy models I noticed the errors almost immediately. I don't get why the position of the ships name on the sovereign class is important. The game is 30 years after the films so conventions could have changed. But the Galaxy is not the same ship that you can see on tv every day and is uneven.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 02-03-2013 at 07:57 PM.