View Single Post
Commander
# 224
02-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Too many things to comment on all so I will just choose one:

Balance Fleet Ships and Lock Box Ships

Lock Box Ships SHOULD be OP compared to Rear Admiral Ships and even VA Z-Store Ships but not when compared to the best Fleet Ships IMHO

Branflakes compliance:

The reason Lock Box ships are overpowered is because they not only have ten consoles and come with special consoles, but also higher base stats than Fleet Ships. The biggest place this shows up is in the turn rates. Fleet Recon Sci has 13, Wells has 15. Fleet Defiant has 17, JHAS has 20. Simply buffing the turn rates of Fleet Ships to equal Lock Box Ships would probably all that is needed to balance them, though I think personally both options that follow should be considered.

Getting a Fleet Ship takes a huge investment of time and resources from not jsut the one player but from the entire fleet. Lock Box Ship is obtained through either luck or buying from another player via exchange (again a lot of resources, but really not the same level as Fleet Ships)

I propose two possible solutions to this, both of which could be implemented:

1a. Simple balance pass so that Fleet Ships are dead even balance wise with lock box ships. Cryptic/PWE earn good money from both and IMHO the best ships in the game should indeed put money in the coffers. They should however be equal as some of us would rather not gamble and opening lock boxes should not be REQUIRED to have the best ships. Personally I think the Lock Box Ships should stay specced as they currently are and Tier 3 Shipyard and higher Fleet Ships should be buffed to be equal to them.
--OR--
1b. Lower the tiers at which Current Fleet Ships can be obtained and add Lock Box quality ships to T5.

2. Fleet Ships should get the special consoles that come with the z-store counterpart.