View Single Post
Lieutenant
I'd like to forward a suggestion on conversation over the Red Alert channel.

I notice that people tend to make brief announcement over this channel, telling others about Borg encounter. Example would be, RA in BU#1 confirmed, etc etc.

However, in the spirit of Star Trek and to bring the game closer to the Star Trek world, I think it'd be nicer if we can incorporate the roleplay part in this Red Alert channel. It might seems silly - indeed, I saw someone being ridiculed for doing so - but, if we play STO out of our interest in Star Trek world, it'd feels "that's the way to do it". I'd give some examples on the kind of conversation I talked about as follow:

1. In announcing for Borg Encounter. State your ship name and followed by the announcement. For instance: This is U.S.S. Paramount requesting for an immediate assistance at Beta Ursae #1 (for confirmed encounter). Or, This is U.S.S. Paramount reporting Borg activities in Beta Ursae #1 (for unconfirmed encounter).

2. In reply to an announcement. State your ship name and followed by your action. For instance: This is U.S.S. Paramount acknowledging your request for assistance at Beta Ursae #1. Or, This is U.S.S. Paramount is answering for your immediate assistance.

3. In the case of Borg encounter is over or bugged game play. An exmple would be like: This is U.S.S. Paramaount reporting no more Borg activities in Beta Ursae #1.

Those are only few examples that I'd propose here. Of course, the wording may vary, but to me it'd make the chat channel nicer.

Any thoughts on this would be welcomed. Cheers