View Single Post
Career Officer
# 228
02-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassguitar View Post
Branflakes compliance:

Simply buffing the turn rates of Fleet Ships to equal Lock Box Ships would probably all that is needed to balance them, though I think personally both options that follow should be considered.
You're fooling yourself if you think this is going to happen.

Once fleet ships are unlocked, they become unlocked for ever for that fleet for easy, repeated purchases.

The investment for a fleet newcomer is effectively 0 (beyond ship modules, of course)

Basically what you are suggesting would cut directly into the truly massive (and I guarantee you they are massive) profits that come from master key sales.

They are almost always going to be a little faster, a little stronger or with a better layout than what is typically available (barring metagame shifts that the devs might not realize or consider).

I understand what it is you're aiming for, and I don't disagree with the desire to have this balance as I'd much rather be flying true Fed ships than Alien ones but my inner min-maxer will not let me - but I think most players need a dose of reality when it comes to the state of the game regarding lockbox ships and the importance of revenue in a game that has to answer to share holders.

And no, the fleet ships will never be on the same level of revenue unless players would be willing to purchase them for 20+ fleet ship modules each.

With that being said, the number of Lobi store ships that show up on the market show that people are in fact quite willing to spend that kind of money to obtain certain ships - I just think there would be a riot if the Fleet Regent was made more awesome but also had a new price tag of 40 fleet ship modules (= $200 compare to 800 lobi at ave 4 lobi per $1.25)

Last edited by ussultimatum; 02-04-2013 at 09:43 AM.