View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnurntumber View Post
(I'm joshing for fun here, so no one has to go one a long rant about anything said. )
In that spirit...
Quote:
Romulan ale. Its illegal in the Federation, right? But as we've seen in the shows, Starfleet officers seem to be able to get it anyway. But why is it illegal? Alcohol isn't illegal in the Federation, even though they have synthehol. (synthehol is for lightweights!) Even if its illegal for Romulan brewers to sell it to the Feds, that doesn't make it illegal for the Feds unless its a FEDERATION law that its banned. Besides, couldn't an average fed citizen just go home and have his personal replicator make it anyway? (fighting urge to not go on my rant about replicators...maybe another time) Is there a total ban on trade with the romulans in that time period (Kirk through Picard)? If not wouldn't a savvy shipping business import it? seems silly to turn away a profitable business venture. If it were me, I'd be all like "Come to Star Enterprises Imports! The sole importer of T'Lek's bonafide Romulan Ale! Its great for Oktoberfest parties!" (and we know they have Oktoberfest, since Sisko and Cal Hudson remarked on going to one at "New Berlin" in the early DS9 episodes.
It was banned after the entire graduating class of 2153 got drunk on Romulan Ale and disastrously tried to perform a Kolvoord Starburst with over 500 ships. That whole thing about a Xindi weapon blowing up Florida was a cover story.
Quote:
Tribbles hate klingons. But they like Vulcans. But do they like Romulans?
No, but the angry, warlike Tribble Empire that broke away from the peaceful Tribbles hundreds of years ago do.
Quote:
Vulcan is a hot planet, as we've seen in the series. (though, it can't be all desert). I think Spock once said in an old episode how he found the Enterprise to always be a little colder than what he's comfortable in...and he's half human). So wouldn't vulcans serving in Starfleet.,...which we can easily see have more humans than nonhumans on their ships...(maybe humans are the "tribbles" of humanoid species in the Trekverse, breeding prodigously) find starships uncomfortable? They evolved on a planet that is by our terms, pretty hot and arid. By the same token Andorians come from a frozen planet. Wouldn't they find temperatures unbearable at say 80 or more degrees farenheit? Here in Fayetteville, NC it can get downright stupid hot a few weeks of the summer. I'd love to invite an Andorian (if they were real) to one of my BBQs. "Hey Shran, you want another burger...oh, daggone it, he passed out again.".
In an evolutionary twist that's stumped Federation exobiologists, it turns out that neither the Vulcans nor the Andorians ever really adapted to their climates. The Vulcans were always just miserably hot and the Andorians were freezing cold. Most of the wars the Federation's fought have been because other planets were jealous of Earth getting all the good weather.
Quote:
What exactly is klingon bloodwine made of? Does it have blood in it?
The Klingons had trouble competing with Romulan Ale before they found their niche with vampire drinkers.
Quote:
I can honestly say I would shareDoctor McCoy's reservations about the Transporter. Wouldn't you?
Just be sure to write a will leaving everything to yourself before transport and you'll be fine.