View Single Post
Captain
# 22
02-05-2013, 08:37 AM
To be honest I have not seen any "systematic downgrading" the OP referrs to .
There are the initial adjustments (done in the first 3 or so weeks after the release) -- but that's come to be expected unfortunetly , as Cryptic QA is a ... , yeah .

However if they were doing this on purpose ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
I doubt that they're nerfing them for any nefarious purpose. They simply have nothing to gain by doing so. It's not like they nerf the Atrox and then offer a upgrade kit for it that costs Zen to buy.
Actually all the Fleet Ships could qualify as an "upgrade kit" ... -- and guess what , one that you (or someone else) has to use Zen to buy .

Quote:
And what exactly do you think they gain by doing so? If you believe this is some sort of underhanded deal, then they must be gaining something out of it. So what exactly are they getting out of the deal?
If the were doing this , they'd be playing on the simple notion that many players share : "I need a good T5 ship" , which to many translates to "I have to get the next best thing " .
It's unfortunate , but knowing how many "retired" Galors and Marauder's ppl own (but don't play with anymore) -- well , the latter notion certainly exists .

Quote:
I'm sorry are you a lawyer? If so they perhaps you can make this claim, otherwise you really can't say if it's fraud or not, not by any sort of legal definition.
Which is why it is pointless to seek assurance of the legality or illegality of something in the game on the game's forums .
You will get neither expert advice , nor unbiased opinions .
If you have money to burn and evidence to back up your claims , go consult a lawyer . Consulting does not mean suing . It just often means torched money's .

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Of course, a warning outside of the TOS would be nice. Something on the description of the ship itself saying "this project is subject to change" but I guess you would argue you don't have to even do that.
Take a look at the last line in the promotional article :

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=809331

Cryptic are more careful then they used to be .
But then again it could be argued that you are not obligated to read the commercial to buy on the Z-store .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 02-05-2013 at 08:55 AM.