View Single Post
Career Officer
# 53
02-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Klingons have been a vibrant fanbase in the IP for decades
Actually, Klingon fans tend to be a more dedicated minority. The majority of any fan base is more casual, and casual Star Trek fans don't care about the Klingons since the entire main franchise has been about the Federation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Every half-decent MMO has at least two factions.
Define "half-decent".

I know the following have one faction: Vindictus, Ragnarok Online, Perfect World, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Champions Online, Maple Story, and (haha) Hellgate: London.

I am unsure but believe the following have one faction: Asheron's Call, Everquest, Ultima Online, Age of Conan, Final Fantasy XI, Lineage, Rift, *********, and Tabula Rasa.

City of Heroes really only had one faction, with a seperate related game that later merged with it. I believe EVE Online doesn't have game factions, but player-created ones.

Most MMOs have shared content, not faction separate ones like WoW. Even WoW ends up with shared content after a certain level. It doesn't make much sense for a company to double their workload by limiting content to half their player base.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk