View Single Post
Career Officer
# 33
02-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
I offer you and any other prospective buyers the opportunity to meet me somewhere in game and see my T5 Fleet Ship, and the fact I am not in a T5 Fleet.

As I already stated, I too was suspicious beforehand. Two things swayed my mind:

1) I was allowed to see the Fleet Status before paying anything, and check that there were enough provisions.

2) During this period I took a look at the leaderboard and saw that the seller had a very high contribution to that fleet, numbering several millions of fleet credits. This told me that they were not some scammer but a person who is devoted to their fleet, and probably gave a good amount of time and resources into getting it to T5.
I have no reason to believe the offer is not legitimate. However, the fact that you have a T-5 ship and you claim that the fleet you bought it from is a legitimate seller does not prove that they will not take my energy credits and then not provide me with the service they promise. Given the number of fleets that are going to reach T-5 soon and will likely provide the shipyard as a service to all their active members I do not think it is a risk worth taking.

However, you decided to go ahead and fork over the credits despite the risk and you seem to be happy with the result. That was your choice to make and I am glad it worked out well for you.