View Single Post
Career Officer
# 65
02-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
DDO has good characters. And evil. Their alignment system, which is the grand daddy of factions, has multiple paths, so DDO does have a second faction. Unlock your dark elf, and run with it.
Wait, what? I played DOO with multiple toons and a huge guild, I don't recall anything notable about alignments at all. I did unlock dark elves, my primary was a dark elf wizard that I burned out on due to complexity. In fact, I remember there was literally nothing important about alignment other than equipment, class, and spell restrictions.

You managed to produce only a handful of names (and I stand corrected on EQ since I barely remember it), that hardly means multiple factions is a staple of "half decent" MMOs. I stand corrected on City of Heroes as well, as I played in the first few months after launch and it was single-faction for at least a year and a half before Cryptic released City of Villains.

Regardless, the existence of just GW1/2, LotRO, ***, and the others I mentioned should be sufficient to disprove your hyperbolic premise of "Every half-decent MMO has at least two factions."

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk