View Single Post
Career Officer
# 35
02-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherdesire View Post
I'll admit I'm kind of confused. Are you just sitting here saying that its nice that the offer is legitimate, but despite this it might NOT be legitimate, so clearly it should be treated as illegitimate and that no one should take them up on it? I really don't get your point here. We have plenty of satisfied customers and every single reply to them seems to be "its nice they're legitimate and you got what you wanted but what if you hadn't?".

I don't get it.

The transaction is insecure, thus there will always be a risk of you paying money, not receiving the product, and having little or no recourse. There is absolutely no way for a fleet to "prove" that they will not take your money and refuse to hand over the ship before the money is transferred.

I am happy that this did not happen to you and that there are no reports of T-5 shipyard scams at the moment, but with many fleets' T-5 shipyards likely to come on line within the next few weeks, I do not believe that the potential reward is worth the potential risk. Obviously that is a decision that people have to make for themselves. I suggest they carefully weigh the potential liabilities against the benefits.