View Single Post
Commander
# 65
02-06-2013, 12:01 AM
What I really disliked was that googly-eyed med tech assisting Kirk Jr. into the world. Hate to base people on their looks but it just reeked of a stupid, stupid, stupid move whoever thought the movie needed googly-eyes.

Rest of the movie played out well enough that I finished watching it but that beginning almost made me stop and go do something else.

Oh and those stupid cadet hats. Who the **** thinks up uniforms for these movies? LadyGaga's bra designer?

One thing I noticed and not many have referenced was the use of the tiny Starfleet symbols on the uniforms. Made them almost scaley in appearance and could be interpreted as a nod to CADPAT and MARPAT. Both digital camo patterns are built around a symbol; Maple Leaf for CADPAT and the Eagle, Globe & Anchor for MARPAT.

[Edit: Added link to tiny Starfleet symbols. Added Eagle. Was thinking it but did not type it in the first time.]
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-06-2013 at 05:30 AM.