View Single Post
Career Officer
# 63
02-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnurntumber View Post
What exactly is klingon bloodwine made of? Does it have blood in it?
Why not? We humans drink blood here on Earth. I believe bloodwine is prepared too, not just "raw", as it were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnurntumber View Post
I can honestly say I would shareDoctor McCoy's reservations about the Transporter. Wouldn't you?
Absolutely. The consciousness that is "you" ceases to exist and is recreated perfectly on the other side. That's what Ben Bova's Orion series points out.

On the other hand, our consciousness also ends when we sleep, so who's to say the person we remember being is currently experiencing who we are now? That train of thought leads to madness!

My friend made a point though that if I was cut in half and perfectly put back together, would I still consider myself me? What if I was cut into quarters? Tenths? Divided to my component atoms and reconstituted? That allowed me to shrug and stop pondering consciousness.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk