View Single Post
Captain
# 21
02-06-2013, 02:39 PM
I'd like to see that when it's done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenzenarimasen View Post
So you're so obsessed with anime that ou never leaves the house save for to buy food, pay bills,and go to work/school?
As opposed to what, sitting my fat butt in a klingon costume in my mothers basement raging because some button on an engineering panel in some episode of Star Trek is the wrong color?
No I'm not a shut in, I have a life, and with retirement a little more than a decade away I've long since past the point where I need to justify my tastes with anyone.
Sure a lot of anime is garbage, pantie shots and jiggly boob fan service making up for a lack of story, or shows that are nothing more than a marketing device to sell useless plastic crap to spoiled adolescents whose parents have more money than brains. That said there are quite a few anime that are very well done with a level of detail that can't be matched by western efforts and it is those that I'm a fan of.
As for how we got from talking about the uniform to anime, well for me when I see that costume I immediately thought of characters from Rozen Maiden or similar shows and judging from some of the replies I guess I'm not the only one to make an anime connection.