View Single Post
Career Officer
# 36
02-06-2013, 06:13 PM
I tweak it a lot and its always changing, but here is an example.

Omega torp, DBB, 2x Single Cannons
KCB, 3x Turrets (Disruptors are a must, I use polarized ones)

Borg Set

5x disruptor coils
Field Generator or assimulated module
3x Bortasqu' consoles, neutronium hull plate or assimulated module

Uni LtCom - THY1, BO2, AP:O
Lt Tac - TT1, CRF1
Com Eng - EP2S1, A2B1, ET3, DEM3
Uni Ens - EP2W1
Lt Sci - TSS1, HE2

3x Technician Doffs (reduce boff cooldown on A2B)
2x Evasive Manvuers doffs

Cloak up, get in range, and pop everything. All your tac captain abilities. All your boff abilities (save A2B to reset your cooldows, and your heals, obviously.) Use EP2W first, save EP2S for after. Come out of cloak and fire everything. Disruptor auto cannon, too. If you are feeling 'leet time your A2B to restore the power lost from the BO. Once you get the timing all right things go boom. Then you pop things off like a normal cruiser. you have some heals, you have some boom. Feel free to fire off your skills as you please, but if you know you need to blow something fast, like a transformer in ISE, start saving skills. You will be able to blow your target so fast you will amaze yourself.

You want to get front face. If you are doing STF that is really easy. You might want to swap some DHC in for the singles in that case. You don't wan't to do that for most things, tho. The singles give you a front 180 and that is about as easy to manage as a broadside, plus you can work to get front 90 and drop your DBB and the occasional torp.

One of the most important skills in a big ship is knowing where you want to be a minute from now. If you can learn to project your movement your turn rate becomes much less a liability, because you will always be heading in the direction you want to be facing, anyway. Practice makes perfect. Oh, and learn how to use evasive manuvers in reverse. You can get facing on targets really easy that way once you have mastered the technique.

The torp is overkill most of the time, and sometimes I put a DHC there, lower the BO to BO1 and slot AP:B. It is really pretty when the HY omega makes my target disintegrate, tho... but the DHC there is nice. It all depends on how much DPS you want to sacrifice for bursting.

Many different methods work to get the same outcome. I've worked with BO3 and just cannons and and and... They all revolve around one thing. Bursting out as many skills and effects as possible to buff the damage of your burst window and then surving long enough to do it again.

Edit: the uni ens is very flexible. I like EP2W if I can fit it because its another % damage increase, but many other skills would fit great there. Tachyon beam comes to mind, but you are going to do so much damage on your burst the shields shouldn't be a problem... Tractor beam is another good choice. PH is normally a no brainer, but I found I'm big enough to just soak up a tractor beam most of the time... YMMV. ST is another nice choice but you would have to replace ET... EWP would be a good canidate there but even I have problems landing that skill in a big boat... Another taste thing. The Bortasqu' is very versitile, so don't be afraid to tinker with her.

The goal is to exploit the nature of stacking damage buffs. This makes a tac the perfect fit. It can be done with the other 2 classes, but the returns are not as great.

Also, the Bortasqu' is the spiritual successor to the Gal-X. Any information regarding the Gal-X can translate directly to the Bortasqu'. You can even perfectly mimic Gal-X boff layouts. The major difference is the disruptor auto cannon does not share a cooldown with BO like the Gal-X's spinal lance, so you can stack CRF, THY, your Auto Cannon, *AND* a BO... and you can put AP:O for yet another % based damage increase... oh my... Burst burst burst!
Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard

Last edited by kimmym; 02-06-2013 at 08:47 PM.