Thread: Tier 6 Ships
View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 24
02-06-2013, 11:13 PM
It is going to be interesting, that is for certain.

One of their challenges is going to be to introduce the new tier of ships while staying "canon".

Although this is a Federation thread...you can bet that there is intense interest on the Klingon side as well.

Personally...I think that the only thing that Cryptic can reasonably do is to somehow make it possible for certain iconic ships to undergo a refit to Tier 6. I find it hard to believe that the Galaxy X and the Sovvy would become obsolete overnight....

Besides...there are not that many iconic Federation ships out there that can become a "tier 6" vessel -- at least not enough to maintain the Federation domination of variety and multiple roles.

Klingons face many of the same challenges -- the Bird of Prey, Raptor, Neghvar, and Vorcha vessels are the mainstay of the Klingon fleet vessel types...there really aren't that many options for Cryptic to pull out of the hat to replace those ships at Tier 6.

I bet that what is likely to happen is something that is similar to the Fleet Vessel system currently in place where you will be provided with some sort of upgrade package that will refit a Tier 5 to Tier 6...along with a few truly unique vessel options as well...I am just guessing here...but that makes logical sense.

The BIG losers with the move to Tier Six vessels are going to be those captains who fly lockbox vessels..I just don't see those being upgraded. Two of my captains fly lockbox ships (the Korgath Sci Vessel and the Bug Ship). My third flies a fleet Vorcha. If Tier 6 represents as much of a leap forward as the other Tiers transitions do...then all of those lockbox ships will become obsolete overnight.

Last edited by ztempest; 02-06-2013 at 11:17 PM.