View Single Post
Republic Veteran
# 6
02-07-2013, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
That was the biggest disappointment for me. I was hoping for SWG-style sandbox space flight, and got an arcade mini-game.

Anyway, my point pertaining to the Dauntless itself was this:

A year ago, I would have (and did) say no, no, no, no, no to this idea. The Dauntless was an alien ship disguised as Starfleet, and like I said, its presence on screen in Enterprise is either a special effects gaffe, or the VFX people didn't care/didn't think people would look that closely at it.

However, in this day when most ESTFs have at least one Breen cruiser, as well as Jem'hadar, Cardassian, Ferengi, or Tholian ships... I just gave up. The idea behind these ships being lockbox ships is that they would be rare, but there are so many of them now that I easily see as many non-Starfleet ships as I do Starfleet ships.

There's really no point anymore in arguing against the Dauntless when half of Starfleet is already made up of non-Federation member ships.
I don't know how it was where you played...but once someone mastered their piloting they pretty much did nothing else in space...space sectors were usually ghost towns except for the npcs.

On the Duantless I would say please no...I always thought it was a ugly ship if its Starfleet or not.