View Single Post
Republic Veteran
# 37
02-07-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doalxk View Post
So last I checked, the holiday ornaments didn't cost any money, and the only even arguable way you could spend money to get them would be spending Lobi, and for what they gave that seemed a little silly.

Second, unlike the seeming popular opinion of the forums, not every action that PWE or cryptic undertakes in the game is tantamount to theft. I assume there is no system in place to keep track of what each fleet individual contributes to a project in hindsight, because once you get into the large projects with hundreds of items to add in, the logs for the starbase would be prohibitively huge. All they're really trying to do is say that there is a starbase project that many fleets have active, the items which are required for it do not drop anymore, because they were holiday specific. Rather than force every fleet to have that slot closed until they can fork out enough money to buy the ornaments on the exchange with a set supply, and thus a consistently increasing price on the gratitude beads, they're making it so the fleets don't have to be stuck with it..

They're trying to give a reasonable solution to the impending problem, which is both a compromise to the fleets who are stuck with it, and with the amount of time and money that would need to be spent for other projects. I assume they're just nuking the project as an available one in the servers, as a ~30 second fix to the problem. I don't think you can reasonably expect them to code in entirely new mechanics and systems in order to make it so the fleets can get a refund on a single holiday project, that's not even very popular once its complete, especially when much of the point of the starbase projects is that you have to complete the ones you start.
Actually they are not giving a reasonable solution, a reasonable solution would be to figure out how to give fleet leaders the option to remove it. That is a reasonable solution. Not a one size fits all solution. Those fleets that just want to get rid of it, fine let them but not at the cost of those fleets that wish to try and finish it next Christmas.

To me it's not theft or anything like that. It's a knee-jerk reaction to a problem, not a solution.
Vel'Drin (AKA Romulan Dukat)
R.R.W. Novus Legatum - Romulan Republic (Fed Aligned)
Original Join Forum Date: August 2008