View Single Post
Commander
# 180
02-07-2013, 10:34 AM
If Cruisers were turned into the Borg as they are represented in this game then that truly would be a nerf, lol.

I think I get your meaning though. The concern is that the Borg are made "more difficult" by boosting their base stats like hull, shields, damage, etc. If that is all that happened it really would be awful. That's why something needs to be done with yoyo healing and all of the innate passive healing (now passive heals are something that the Borg should have more of :x).

The basic idea is that, if cool downs on abilities like heals were reasonable, your cruiser could take a beating but healing up to 100% instantly would be a tremendous strain on your resources. Even if your entire team was healing you then all of those heals are suddenly out of play (or would need to be used more tactically). Or maybe as they did with fighting games for over 20 years, you can only heal so much damage while in battle, even with innate skills or HoTs. Some portion of damage would have to stick no matter what heals were used (while in combat). Incidentally, that's how it should really be across the board in my opinion.

I know it's a lot of work and that there are many details that would need to be ironed out. I think it would be an interesting idea although I know it's not a particularly likely one.