View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 187
02-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
This sounds terribly unbalanced.

You want to more than triple the base damage per volley of a DBB and let that loose with a BO every 15s with a 250 degree arc?

This would restrict these massively burst capable weapons to the tankiest ships

I'm sorry but I don't think this idea "balances" damage at all.
never mentioned DBB, i wouldn't change them. actually im suggesting they should exactly quadruple the damage of each beam array shot. but after it fires, count to 4, it will take that long before it fires again, so it actually has the same DPS it always had.

they could keep the BO damage from these beams at the normal beam array level, because these are just normal beams with a different functionality when on the forward arc of fed cruisers. or not, let BO work best from big long federation beam arrays, as it should.

shield facing penetration, what a concept. sure, those beams could cut a good hole in one with 3 or 4 good hits, but then theres a huge delay of 4 seconds before it can fire again. thats more then enough time for auto distribute to completely undo the facing drop. remember, cruiser turn rate is horrible, thats why beams have the arc they have. and overall the DPS is still terrible. but like i had mentioned, it would make torpedoes on cruisers an ideal choice, if you could time it well. a few of these beam shots against TT wouldn't even faze it, just look at the DPS TT can deal with from full on CRF DHCs alpha.

KDF cruisers would still be MUCH more deadly over all. but fed cruisers should not be such utter fail boats when used tactically, more then in a healer role, the same as KDF cruisers are dynamic now. they should not be dangerous in identical ways though of course. this all fits well with observed canon too, something that should have been adhered to more then the retarded warrior, healer, mage triumvirate, applied to fricking starships.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus