View Single Post
Cryptic Studios Team
# 65
02-07-2013, 06:29 PM
I was able to take some time today to go over this list, and figured I could offer some quick updates.

Items that are not listed below are either not currently under review, or we have no productive feedback to offer at this time.

"Under review" only means that - we are planning to review the referenced power/mechanic within the next month or two. This is not a promise of a fix, change, or further information. Our review may, in fact, lead us to conclude that the referenced item is working as intended.

Quote:
02. Item: Tachyon Mines
Issue: Seem to be too powerful at stripping shields and hampering shield repair / regen
Under review.

Quote:
03. Ability: Crits
Issue: If you get 1 mine to crit, they all crit I.e. Breen cluster torp and tricobalt mines with dispersal patterns.
This is a bug central to our Combat Evaluation code, and affects far more than just Mines. It requires Software assistance, which has been requested. Further updates are out of the hands of the Systems team.

Quote:
04. Weapon: Antiproton
Issue: All other weapons have [ACC]X3 why not antiproton?
[Acc]x3 Antiproton weaponry does exist, but is not currently available in-game. In fact, no Antiproton weaponry drops at all, and is only available from Vendors.

It should be a simple matter to add it. However, the philosophical question of "should we" is still unanswered. Currently, we agree that Accuracy is a better weapon enhancement than Dmg or Crit in almost every possible circumstance, and it's a good idea to attempt to address this discrepancy before reinforcing it with new weapons that capitalize upon it.

Quote:
05. Weapon: Phaser
Issue: Has the best PvP orientated proc and makes the other procs seem inferior
This was altered once before to include a target-based immunity period. We feel this is sufficient for the time being, and that opinions of the relative power of Phasers, compared to other Energy Weapon Procs, are largely based on learned biases from the powers' original state. Phasers also benefit from being the most dramatic weapon proc in the game, causing a level of confirmation bias among players looking for a reason to dislike its current state.

That said, this isn't a wholesale dismissal of the complaint. Further changes are, however, unlikely to happen over any short-term period.

Quote:
06. Ability: Aceton Beam
Issue: cool down too long to be a valid ability in PvP
Under review.

Quote:
08. Bridge Officer: Human Bridge Officer
Issue: Multiple human bridge officers seem too effective compared to other bridge officers
Under review.

Quote:
09. Item: Aceton assimilator
Issue: Too many copies of it can be deployed on a map leading to an unfair advantage
Under review.

Quote:
12. Item: Siphon Drone
Issue: Leaves target completely drained of all energy and totally defenceless
Are these complaints based on recent play experience? The functionality of Siphon Drones' drain was drastically altered a few months ago.

Quote:
13. Ability: Charged Particle Burst
Issue: No longer a viable offensive sci ability due to super resistances
Under review.

Quote:
14. Ability: Photonic Shockwave
Issue: No longer a viable science based kinetic damage solution based on the "fix" it had
Under review.

Quote:
15. Ability: Tachyon Beam
Issue: No longer a viable offensive sci ability due to super resistances
Under review.

Quote:
16. Doff: Sub Nucleonic DOFF
Issue: Still feels too overpowered
Not likely to be changed from its current state. Its relative value in combat scenarios is felt to be more-or-less on par with other professions' Captain Powers, such as Attack Pattern Alpha, Go Down Fighting, Miracle Worker and Rotate Shield Frequencies.

Quote:
21. Profession: Engineers
Issue: Lack of profession specific abilities which are castable on team mates (MW and RSF)
Under review.

Quote:
24. Ability: Mask Energy Signature
Issue: I can't think of a use for this in any part of the game. The cloak's low value can be seen even by NPCs from far off
Under review.

Quote:
25. Ability: Photonic Officer
Issue: Woefully underpeforming compared to advertised rates, long cool down. The ability seems to scale very little between tiers
Under review. Likely to be completely re-designed.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...