View Single Post
Cryptic Studios Team
# 66
02-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Oh, there was more.

PART DEUX!

Quote:
27. Effect: Cooldown Recharge Debuff (e.g. SNB, Temporal Inversion Field)
Issue: The cooldown debuff also affects DHC cooldowns. (But it doesn't affect beams iirc.)
Under review.

Quote:
29. PVP Arena: Ships glitch into ceiling
Issue: On use of jump console, ships get glitched in ceiling and cant move
I hadn't heard this one before. Is it only when using Subspace Jump?

Quote:
31. Weapon: Tricobalt
Issue: Torpedo does friendly damage, mine doesn't
Under review.

Quote:
32. Boffs / Gear / Reputation: Various things
Issue: There are many shipclass-agnostic things that provide a huge amount of innate resists and regeneration (both hull and shields) to any ship that equips them which completely negate pressure damage and lead to a situation where the only kills in a premade vs premade situation are super spike kills from 100% to 0% health that happen with tons of tac buffs and multiple subnukes in a timeframe of just a couple of seconds. This invalidates any damage-dealing builds that are not based on SNB or massive spike damage
This sounds like a complaint that is exclusive to 1v1 scenarios, and PvP is not and cannot be effectively balanced around duels when we have 5v5 (or more) arenas as the standard match. If you are in a team environment, the combined damage of coordination is likely to outstrip an enemy's ability to counter.

Teamwork is OP, but we have to assume that everybody uses it.

Quote:
33. Ensign Space Abilities: Tactical Team 1, Polarized Hull 1, Tractor Beam 1, EPT Aux 1,EPT Engines 1
Issue: Listed powers all provide enough of a buff at an Ensign slot invalidating higher tier versions
Under review.

Quote:
34. Ability: Nadion Inversion
Issue: Becomes disabled when weapons go offline. Seems underpowered based on in game description
First I'd heard of this. Under review.

Quote:
36. Item/Power: Vent Theta Radiation
Issue: Even if Hazard emitters is applied to clear the effect, your crew will still die and never recover until you are removed from combat. This renders both the skill Subsystem Repair, and the power Boarding Party useless
Under review.

Quote:
37. Ability: Item/Power: Anti-matter Spread
Issue: Regardless to the amount of points placed in Sensors, the Jam Effect will remain for the full duration, even if the Scramble clears much sooner
Under review.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...

Last edited by borticuscryptic; 02-07-2013 at 06:42 PM.