TacehT to interview STO's Lead Content Designer GoatShark on Subspace Radio
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
02-08-2013, 02:34 AM
- There have been many requests for "functionality" in Starbase Upgrade Project's -- which I believe translates to player interaction with an upgrade (kicking Tribbles for example) .
What is Cryptic's response to this request ?
Also , are you taking requests as far as Starbase upgrades go , or is it a done deal ?
- Is it possible to add a personalized "off" switch (like we have for the "winter hologram") to the "historical uniforms/mannequin's" that some feel gave our starbases main hall the look of a shopping mall ?
(also , can the effects of these switches be made permanent ?)
- "Hazard's" and "strange objects" were always a part of the Star Trek myhos -- and in STO it is fun to navigate around hazards -- but there are much too few in game (I can count two space hazards at the moment , and they are the same hazard -- explosive gas) .
Are there plans to make missions that feature more dynamic environment's (space and ground) ?
The Gekli Feeding Grounds map or example featured a terrific fun & challenging space map to navigate .
- Where is the PVP revamp standing as of now ?
Still in the conceptual stages ? Is there a rough working model ? Where is it heading to ? What are the concepts Cryptic is entertaining in regards to a future PVP revamp ?
- Do un-edited Master Files of the original STF's exist ?
Can they be put in-game , in addition to the existing STF's ?
(I'm not looking for a grand prize , just for a chance to spend more than 10-15 minutes in a complicated , changing and challenging environment with friends)
- While there has been new gameplay added through out Seasons 6-7 , the majority of it has been a repetitive game play that was designed to feed "the grind" .
Two seasons back-to-back of such game play have taken a toll , and some feel that this is all that's STO has left to offer ... with the occasional episode being thrown out once or twice a year .
What can you tell us to reassure us that the grind will be just a part of the endgame STO experience , instead of the vast majority of it ?
- STO AI has always been a hit and miss , but has seen improvement . Where and how do you see it improving more ?
- DStahl mentioned that once you raise the level cap , there is an interest in allowing the players to make use of their existing Starships that they own .
This is a departure from what we know as STO today and I was wondering how do you see such an idea being implemented ?
Are you thinking of having those ships as "combat pets" in space ? Are you thinking of sending them "off screen" to do missions like the Doff system ? Something else perhaps ?
- Speaking of the Doff system , that system has seen little upgrade since it's introduction .
Some claim that it's simply been co-opted for the Starbase/embassy/reputation systems instead .
Are there any future plans for the Doff system that actually involve Doffs ?
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer,
you're the product
- former CIA, NSA chief
-- your guide to F2P ...
Last edited by aelfwin1; 02-08-2013 at