View Single Post
Rihannsu
To keep things short:

- No shadow options to select above medium, even though I'm normally playing high on Holodeck
- AA is off by default, even though I play 4x on Holodeck
- Soft Particles, SSAO, Depth of Field and Underwater View are turned off automatically as soon as you enable AA... It even says so in the tooltip. So it's either... or...
- Textures tend to load longer and until then everything is black

As much as patch notes such as "Addressed many of the graphics-related issues players have reported." sound interesting, it would seem that in the end you've made the game look and run worse. What's the reasoning behind that? I'd call it a bug if not for the sudden tooltip information...

Running Win XP, DX9, GeForce GTX 460 with 310.70 driver version, if that's important.

EDIT:
Additional observations:
- Bloom Quality goes to Low automatically as soon as you enable AA
- High quality shadows seem to be available only without AA. Turning on the AA makes them all pixelated.

What is this I don't even... Why? Just why? What was wrong until now? The game looks ugly now without any kind of AA, while it lacks many visual effects without the rest of the options...

EDIT2:
Updated to the latest nvidia drivers. No change - AA still disables many visual options and gives me the info that my GPU/Drivers don't support them. All that despite the fact that it all works fine on Holodeck.

EDIT3:
Worst thing is, I can't seem to force AA through nvidia control panel in STO... There goes my hope for a workaround, should this "feature" go live... *sigh*

It's clearly an issue with AA solely. I certainly hope this will get looked into, because I'm sure I won't be the only one to experience this drop in graphics quality if this actually goes live (and, sadly, it proably will...).

Last edited by suaveks; 02-09-2013 at 10:50 AM.