View Single Post
Commander
# 157
02-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post
I don't agree that the arcs need to be addressed. I think that's fine. However, beam weapons need to be buffed up in some way. I need not be something as basic as increased damage or lower energy cost (which would be adequate). We can be more creative than that.

In any case, beams need something done for them, but I don't think we need to change the arcs at all.
If you want damage, the only way to get it is the accept a more restricted arc. That is how the system works. It takes some skill to keep a target in the 45' arc, compared to the 70 degree side arc.

The damage to arc trade off is why folks fly things like the Aqarius destroyer. If you break that system the whole meaning of space combat comes apart. I'm not trying to derail this thread. But failing grasp that makes anything else meaningless.

The area I think that should be look at if you want to mess around with Beam damage in Beam Overload. BOIII would be fine concept except for the massive power drain attached, finding means to negate the problem should result in effective beam damage becoming possible.