View Single Post
Career Officer
# 3
02-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
I haven't used the Borg set in a very long time so I wanted to see what it was like these days.

Using all 3 pieces gives you the "Multi-regenerative shield array" set bonus. Except combat logging suggests that it doesn't actually scale to your level. The ability triggered twice during an 8 minute fight, and both times it restored 300 to all shield facings plus 90/second for 3 seconds. That may be fine for a Miranda, but my shield strength is nearly 8000 points...

So is this an exciting new bug, or is it meant to be basically negligible.
If you had gotten the Borg set prior to the Reputation system (added in Season 7) - it became a MkXI set. If you didn't have the set prior to Season 7 - as you gain Omega Rep - the ability to obtain the gear unlocks, and you can now get MkX, MkXI and MkXII versions of the set (and all other Borg space and Ground sets) - but for the set bonus, all your items must be tenh sa,me Mk level, thus, most players I know wait until they hit Tier 5 Omega Rep bofore they start spending on the Borg sets as you just need to buy them once at MkXII.

But, yeah, not a bug with the new Rep system in place.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."