View Single Post
Captain
# 4
02-11-2013, 01:18 PM
First time I levelled a char and ran through an ESTF, I had mk XI mission gear. I got MAULED. Learned my trade, now run mk XII gear and face-roll (boring).

So I then levelled a KDF toon, and ran it through the missions, blah blah blah. But then to prove a point to my fleet-mates about knowledge vs gear, we ran an ESTF with my raptor outfitted with mk IX white gear ONLY. I only died twice in all 3 runs (ISE, KASE, CSE). And before you say my DPS wasn't high enough to draw aggro, my buddies all ran in cruisers so I could see if gear really was the issue. And I had aggro almost constantly, and even with that, using only mk IX white gear, I was able to survive just fine, and still deal wonderful damage and do well. Granted I now run mk XII gear on that toon, but you get the point.

So yeah, it's not the gear, it's the players. Gear is 25% of your damage. Skills are 20%, dumb luck is 5%, but the other 50%? Yeah, it's all you.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.