View Single Post
Captain
# 23
02-12-2013, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
To say the truth, i don't want to turn people away from PvP, so the tests if necessary at all have to be fun and not feel like a test at all.

The idea of questions is a bit pointless as you might be able to give all the right answers but practicly not do a bean.

It should be done in such a manner that the students don't feel the mental burden of being put under test conditions. I know I wouldn't want to be tested on something I play for enjoyment.

Before ideas are put forward, please keep in mind what the spirit of boot camp is about. Growing interest in PvP with the rest of the STO community.

I personally wouldn't even have "tests". Why can't we leave it at those who attended all x classes get the reward?
These are good points, Naz. I wonder if we might re-frame the testing element as an evaluation with personal feedback from coaches. What I mean is that our students could be put into a combat scenario, which the coach would then observe (perhaps even a 1 v 1). The coach would then provide the student with "next steps" to help him/her achieve her next level of ability in PvP. What do you think about this? I am just thinking out loud a bit, but I share your concerns for sure, Naz, and like how you are thinking about these things.

We have a coahces meeting this Saturday, when I would like to discuss this further.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus