View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 24
02-12-2013, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
These are good points, Naz. I wonder if we might re-frame the testing element as an evaluation with personal feedback from coaches. What I mean is that our students could be put into a combat scenario, which the coach would then observe (perhaps even a 1 v 1). The coach would then provide the student with "next steps" to help him/her achieve her next level of ability in PvP. What do you think about this? I am just thinking out loud a bit, but I share your concerns for sure, Naz, and like how you are thinking about these things.

We have a coahces meeting this Saturday, when I would like to discuss this further.
I like the idea of scrapping the test element. 1v1 would go against the whole message that PvP is a team sport that we have been singing for the last couple of session.

minimum of 3v3 with feedback from observer coaches and co-coaches. We'll go into the basics of teamplay in session 3. Personally, i view session 4 as an opportunity to not do much talking, have some matches, where the basics (redistribute etc) have been covered, and the class as a whole can evaluate each others performances.

Ideally, everybody had enough time to practice and implement our feedback. This is the time to have some fun, and learn something on the side.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013