View Single Post
Ensign
# 98
02-12-2013, 03:01 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the collective has yet to encounter the Dominion, it is only a matter of time before they do, though they do not seem to have done so yet.

The Collective's interest in the Alpha quadrant is still largely based on the fact that they are encountering resistance and that means that the races of the Alpha quadrant have knowledge, biology, and technology which would benifit the collective.

It is a shame that the Borg do not use spies or guile, I can think of many moves for them to make, but those moves are all much more Romulan than Borg.

If events happen in the Gamma quadrant through use of the transwarp conduits, I could easily have a borg patrol run into some Dominion scouts while searching for the source of a transwarp signature they detected in an unexplored region of space.

Fed side: A single small craft makes it through the wormhole and contacts Deep Space 9 fleeing from a strange new aggressor that has attacked their world. The player arrives only to be informed that the Jem'Hadar destroyed the emeny vessel with losses, the player is welcome to stay and help repair the colony if they share information about this "Borg" race. On the colony the player soon finds signs that the Jem'Hadar made a serious mistake, they allowed the Borg to establish a foothold.

That whole idea would need to be coordinated with the Dominion leader naturally.

If events are happening Cardie side, I've already put out an idea for it.

I'd probably make the Borg missions Fed playable as I find the Borg make an excellent foil for the Federation, though I'm not opposed to them being Klingon playable.

Fed side: The player is attempting to get survey the situation with J'mpok's new offensive. They encounter a Klingon distress beacon but cannot find a ship in sight. After tracking down the ship they beam over to search for survivors and render aid, but members of the team start going missing....

Klingon side: One of the warships in the offensive has been badly damaged in glorious battle and beams aboard a derelct Cardassian station for salvage and scrap so that they can get back into the fight, only to find that they aren't the only ones aboard.